As a new ruler, the first thing we will take care of is preserving the economy – we will build huts for loggers and quarries that will provide us with raw materials for further expansion, as well as farms that will feed our hardworking people. However, wood and stones aren't everything because, over time, the game will introduce the following resources: coal, oil, glass or iron. The amount of materials we can generate depends on the level of buildings and their number. Move the cursor over the icon at the top of the screen to see how fast a given resource is produced.
You have to pay special attention to the coins for which you can buy units or upgrade buildings. We get them by collecting taxes – click on the wallet icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
Improving buildings costs resources and this process will take place in real time. First, we will wait for a few to a dozen seconds, but in the further stages of the game, we will have to be much more patient. To improve the selected building, click on it and select the appropriate option from the circular menu, but remember that at the moment we have a limited number of fields for construction (visible right below the question mark in the upper right corner of the screen). Every house that we start to build or improve is placed on this field. Because of that, we have to wait with developing another building until the first operation is complete. At the beginning, we will hardly feel the difference, but the more advanced stages, when the improvement time takes minutes, we will get the opportunity to demonstrate our planning and assigning skills.
If we start to run out of space, we can push our borders step by step by buying the expansion of the territory (symbolized with arrows on the outer walls). To move a building, just grab it and move to another place. There is no need to be afraid that our ambitious plans to build royal roads will be thwarted by a poorly located farm.
The game also has a quest system – you can find them in the Mission Book in the lower right corner of the screen. The initial missions are typical tutorials in which you can learn how to construct specific buildings, their improvement or how to unlock subsequent improvements. By completing missions, we receive resources and experience points. We can check our current level in the top left corner of the screen – you definitely want to raise it, because subsequent levels also unlock new buildings that will make the gameplay more fun.
Over time, we will learn more systems and capabilities, including the option to recruit and manage our own army (melee units, ranged, and those that can defend our lands). We can also attack neighboring kingdoms, unlock the option to join alliances with other players or trade. Although the number of options may seem overwhelming, each one of them has been presented naturally and has additional arrows or tips. Therefore, it is necessary to adopt the rule that if something is not yet available, it means that we do not need it yet.
There is no need to wait – so take up the scepter and take the crown. Follow the path of economic development and bold military service, until we become a respected king!
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Although the game does not require you to create an account, you should still register it ("Get treasure" option on the left side of the screen) – thanks to that, you will not lose progress, and your village will not disappear from the game world,
- In the beginning, carefully read all the tutorials – it will be easier to understand the gameplay by learning the basics,
- Log into the game every day – you will get resources, gold and rubies, which are a rare currency available for real money,
- It is worth looking outside our village from time to time – the local map has random treasure chests or other rewards that will help us in our development,
- There is a small box in the upper right corner of the screen that recovers over time – if we leave our kingdom "in the background", it is worth checking from time to time whether the free resources are available or not,
- The royal market is a place where we can spend the accumulated rubies – there are many things you can get for this limited currency, so you should only invest in the most essential services at that particular moment time.